2009-12-07

Advent #2


Advent #2
I' m joining wonderful Floss's 'A Pause In the Advent'
I'm glad to be given a chance to talk about Christmas with you.


***☆***☆***☆***

In fact,it reminds me another Christmas memory..

Last December,our family had faced with harder situation  than ever.  Because my lovely mum was very serious illness. She was attacked by cancer. Still in bed at home at that time. we were taking care and nursing for her as possible as we could. Of course doctor came over to see her once a week and whenever she needed to care. My mum wanted to stay home. But her condition  itself was getting worse day by day. She needed much more medical care and therapy at hospice.  (You wouldnt know we dont have so many hospice in japan.) there are  a few hospice in our region.

Then we all decided to go hospice for my mum at Christmas Eve. In fact,Christmas Eve became the last dinner with mum at home.  Next day was Christmas and we sent my mum to hospice by ourselves of course. My mum wasnt very good condition. Even 10minutes drive.
I stayed at hospice  and spend with her at the night.
I remebered  even Christmas songs was far from me.. I couldnt hear anything..Too sad.  But very preivious time for us each other.

Although  I learned very important phrases  from our doctor as follows ( He is a christian)
 It gave me encouragements so much.

The Serenity Prayer


God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;courage to change the things I can;and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world;as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.


Amen.


I do apologize to tell you very personally things at this time.  Pls forgive me.

Now i will overcome.. my mum is always in my heart with me.

Here's a Christmas Carol well-known Amazing Grace


7 件のコメント:

Michela さんのコメント...

Hi Mami, this is such a touching post, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I had a similar experience 3 years ago, my paternal nan had a cancer too and died just 2 days after Christmas.
((Hugs))

Unknown さんのコメント...

Thanks for sharing your story. What a lovely prayer.
Wishing you a very joyous Christmas season.

JuanitaTortilla さんのコメント...

That is such a personal memory, Mami. Thanks for sharing. It has definitely moved all of us.

Susie's country cottage さんのコメント...

Hi Mami
I'm so sorry to hear you had such a sad time with you mum last Christmas. Losing a parent is bad at any time of year but at Christmas there are so many more memories brought up each year. I wish you a happier Christmas this year.
Susie X

Floss さんのコメント...

Mami, thank you so much for those very personal memories - they have been a real help to me as my mother has cancer.

The Serenity Prayer is a great gift - from your doctor to you, and now from you to us! Thank you so much.

The Pink Birdhouse さんのコメント...

Hi Mami, thank you so much for sharing this very personal story with all of us. Never apologize for sharing something that is so mcuh in your heart and filled with love. I too lost my mother last autumn and know how painful your loss must have been, especially at the holiday season! Hold all your memories close to you and keep them dear, they are what keep our loved and lost family members forever with us!! hugs to you, especially for this first Xmas without your dear mum!! hugs, Debby

Mitzi さんのコメント...

I am sorry to hear about your Mother. I hope as the years go by you can remember all the wonderful times you had with her. She would want you to go on with your life and be happy.